|Season 1, Episode 1|
Ben Gundelach's life is turned upside down when he discovers the body of four year-old Thom Murnane in the woods near his home. Ben finds himself struggling with his home and professional lives when the case receives national attention and the media portray him as guilty before the police even rule the death as suspicious.
Ben Gundelach is an ordinary, everyday family man who finds the body of a murdered four-year-old boy. The boy, Thom Murnane, lived in Ben's street with his single mother Jess. Now everyone in the street is a suspect and Ben is shocked that he is at the top of the list. Plainclothes cops watch Ben constantly. His once affable neighbours now turn away. Journalists swarm his home and Ben's clients pull their business. At home, his already strained relationship with his wife Christy threatens to snap and their older daughter, Tasha begins receiving online hate messages.
Under the watchful eye of inscrutable Homicide Detective Ian Cornielle, Ben's quiet suburban life begins to unravel. Ben struggles to deal with the fact that he's the prime suspect in Thom's murder. And that people believe he could be guilty. At his wits' end, Ben begins a journey to expose the killer; a journey that will uncover the ugly secrets and lies behind the seemingly benign veneer of Blackwood Crescent.
- Martin Henderson as Ben Gundelach
- Anthony Hayes as Detective Ian Cornielle
- Diana Glenn as Christy Gundelach
- Adrienne Pickering as Jess Murnane
- Philippa Coulthard as Tasha Gundelach
- Piper Morrissey as Eva Gundelach
- Damon Gameau as Dave Carroll
- Hunter Stratton Boland as Thom Murnane
Recurring and Guest Starring
- Mouche Phillips as Vanessa Turner
- Damien Garvey as Stuart Haire
- Steven Tandy as Kevin Gresham
- Barbara Lowing as Elaine Gresham
- Hugh Parker as Dr. Tim Turner
- Ben Lawson as Paul Murnane
- Mirrah Foulkes as Nicole
A complete overview of this episode's crew can be found here.
Notes and Trivia
A more complete gallery with pictures of Episode 1 can be found here.
A collection of quotes from this episode can be found here.
A complete transcript of this episode can be found here.